SENSIFLORA-CREAM FOR SKIN MICROBIOME PROTECTION
Protecting the skin flora, also known as the skin microbiome, is very important.
- Protection against Pathogens: The skin microbiome is composed of beneficial microorganisms that help to outcompete and limit the growth of harmful pathogens, such as bacteria and fungi. These "good" bacteria produce antimicrobial compounds and create an environment that is less favorable for pathogenic invaders. By maintaining balanced skin flora, the skin can fend off infections and diseases.
- Regulation of Skin Immunity: The skin microbiome plays a significant role in regulating the immune system's response. It helps to train the immune system to distinguish between harmful invaders and beneficial microorganisms. As a result it reduces unnecessary inflammation and prevents autoimmune responses or allergies.
- Maintenance of Skin Homeostasis: The microbiome contributes to the skin's natural pH balance and moisture levels. It helps keep the skin hydrated and minimizes dryness or excessive oiliness. An imbalanced microbiome can lead to skin issues like dryness, redness, or acne.
- Skin Barrier Function: It interacts with the skin's outermost layer, the stratum corneum, and contributes to its integrity and function. A healthy microbiome helps maintain the skin barrier. As a result, it reduces the risk of moisture loss, allergen penetration, and skin sensitivity.
- Wound Healing: Beneficial microorganisms in the skin microbiome can aid in the wound-healing process. They can help prevent infections and promote tissue regeneration, which is essential for proper healing.
- Skin Health and Appearance: A balanced microbiome can contribute to clear, healthy-looking skin. Imbalances or disruptions in the microbiome can cause various skin conditions, such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis. Protecting it can reduce the severity and frequency of these conditions.
- Supporting Overall Health: The health of the skin microbiome is interconnected with overall health. An imbalanced microbiome has been linked to various systemic health issues, including obesity, diabetes, and autoimmune diseases. Protecting the skin microbiome can indirectly contribute to overall well-being.
Matis Paris created Sensiflora-Cream as a harmonizing cream to restore bio flora balance and protect the cutaneous barrier. It belongs to the Matis Delicate range and is ideal for sensitive skin with feelings of discomfort.
Protecting the skin's barrier and biome is crucial for maintaining overall skin health and well-being. The skin barrier also plays a vital role in retaining moisture within the skin. Moreover, it helps shield against UV radiation whilst a well-preserved skin barrier and microbiome can contribute to a more youthful appearance. An impaired barrier can accelerate the ageing process, leading to the development of fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of premature ageing.
Sensiflora-Cream has a soft, delicate texture that envelops the skin in a protective cocoon. At the heart of the formula, a biotechnological complex restores the skin’s barrier mechanism, rebalances skin flora and boosts its natural defenses. A gluco-oligosaccharide obtained from natural sugars (sucrose and maltose), this prebiotic has a dual action. It acts at the level of the microbiological barrier on the skin's surface to stimulate the growth of beneficial flora to the detriment of undesirable flora. Thanks to its biological action, it stimulates the release of anti-microbial peptides by skin cells. This high-performance active ingredient stimulates the skin's natural defenses, helping to balance and protect the cutaneous ecosystem. This cream also combines a blend of plant based active ingredients such as saffron flower, linden floral water, orange blossom essential wax and mango butter to hydrate and protect the epidermis.
How to use: Apply morning and evening to face and neck after Sensiflora-Serum.